Pivotal Instrumentation Module
Out of the box, Pivotal CRM provides basic instrumentation tools for administrators and developers.
Almost every Pivotal CRM project requires some kind of instrumentation, especially when in production, to control what’s going on with the system. This ability is often a requirement asked by IT Administrators. Developers also need some way to instrument the code written and often need to develop instrumentation code for every project.
Pivotal CRM Instrumentation Module is created to provide the system instrumentation that both IT Administrators and Developers need. All this instrumentation can be configured and turned off or on in real time with minimal impact on the system. Developers rely on a platform that will provide logs, performance counters and real time tracing.
- Performance counters for the Transition Point operations (Load/Save/Add/New/Delete) on server tasks
- Tracing capabilities to different trace listeners (event viewer, Pivotal table, text/xml/csv file)
- Level tracing (with levels such as Information/Verbose/Error/Warning/Critical, etc.)
- Online configuration (no need to shut down the system to get the changes)
- Automatic measure of operations registering start/stop times
- Automatic warning in case data operations exceeds a configurable threshold (eg. a DataAccess.GetDataTable takes more than 500ms. to execute). These warnings will allow to find difficult to spot performance bottlenecks
- Emission of EWT events to be monitored by specialized tools such as MS PerfView
Prerequisites: Pivotal CRM 6.0.9 or higher (PCM 6.0.8 HF1)
For more information
- Look at this short video for a quick overview of the module
- Look at this video showing a demo of how it works
- Contact Us